In 1842, Owen Roblin erected a five-story stone mill, which for many years was the focal point of the village. By 1920, as with so many of the County mills, it was closed down and eventually passed out of the hands of the Roblin family. It changed hands several times, until, in 1965, in disuse and badly damaged, it was purchased and moved to Black Creek Pioneer Village, where it now stands proudly restored. Canadian poet Al Purdy’s famous work “In Search of Owen Roblin” immortalizes Roblin’s Mills.
Source: Kellough, Janet. The Legendary Guide to Prince Edward County. Picton, Ont.: Kellough Productions, 1994.